Charter of the Republican Party Jun 17, 2014 21:11:12 GMT -5
Post by terrus on Jun 17, 2014 21:11:12 GMT -5
Charter of the Republican PartyWe the members of the Republican Party, in order to maintain a federal government large enough to fulfill the purposes of the Constitution but not large enough to impose tyranny, do establish this Charter of the Republican Party:
Article I. Committees.
1. The National Committee of the Republican Party will superintend the federal activities of the Republican Party, and coordinate the activities of the various State Committees of the Republican Party.
2. The National Committee will be comprised of any Republican that is:
(a) a member of the United States House of Representatives;
(b) a member of the United States Senate;
(c) the Administrator, Counsel, Treasurer, Superintendent, Marshal, or Ambassador-at-Large;
(d) the Vice President; or
(e) the President.
3. Each member of the National Committee will possess a single vote, and the National Committee will make all decisions by plurality vote, each vote lasting forty-eight hours, and each vote being undertaken after forty-eight hours for debate (or in the case of a leadership election, for debate and nominations).
4. The National Committee may expel a member by 2/3 vote, Section 3 of this Article notwithstanding.
Article II. National Chairman.
1. The Chairman of the Republican Party will execute the directives of the National Committee, preside over the National Committee including over its elections, and serve as chief executive for the Republican Party."
2. The Chairman of the Republican Party will serve so long as a majority of the members of the National Committee retain confidence in the Chairman, or until the death or resignation of the Chairman.
3. The Chairman of the Republican Party, upon losing the confidence of the party, will remain Chairman until the election of a replacement, but will immediately schedule such elections, and administer such elections.
Article III. Congressional Leadership.
1. The Republican members of the House of Representatives will elect from amongst themselves in private session a Leader, and each Republican member of the House of Representatives will vote for this Leader in the Speaker and Majority Leader elections of the House of Representatives.
2. The Republican members of the Senate will elect from amongst themselves in private session a Leader, and each Republican member of the Senate will vote for this Leader in the President Pro Tempore and Majority Leader elections of the Senate.
Article IV. Executive Leadership.
1. The National Committee will select a Nominee for President for each presidential election, and it will be the duty of every Republican to support this candidate.
2. The National Committee will select a Nominee for Vice President for each presidential election, and it will be the duty of every Republican to support this candidate.
Article V. State Committees.
The Republicans in each State may form a Committee to oversee the operations of the Republican Party within that state, and establish such rules for such committee as such Republicans see fit. This Article will also apply for territories.
Article VI. Ratification and Amendment.
1. This Charter may be amended by 2/3 vote, Article 1(3) notwithstanding.
2. This Charter will be adopted when a plurality of the members of the National Committee adopt it.